Univ California Davis: Adjunct Assistant Professor Position

discussioni circa il forum e circa i minerali in genere
Avatar utente
Marco E. Ciriotti
Messaggi: 25569
Iscritto il: ven 25 giu, 2004 11:31
Località: via San Pietro, 55 I-10073 Devesi/Cirié TO - Italy

Univ California Davis: Adjunct Assistant Professor Position

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » gio 31 dic, 2015 13:40

Adjunct Assistant Professor Position
In the Electron Microprobe Laboratory
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
University of California, Davis

The Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at the University of California Davis is recruiting an adjunct assistant professor to manage operations and development of the Cameca SX 100 Electron Microprobe facility. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop an independent research program, improve upon existing analytical capabilities and methods, supervise and work with the EMP technician/operator, increase the visibility of the laboratory both on- and off-campus, and teach one quarter-length (10 week) class per year on analytical techniques or topics related to research area.
Managing the probe lab, improving analytical capabilities and teaching is a 75% time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure track position, with the expectation of raising research funds and the remaining 25% salary, through grants. The initial appointment is for a two-year period, renewable on an biennial basis contingent upon satisfactory performance and availability of resources. Appointment level is dependent on experience. Title includes PI status and potential to join the EPS Graduate group (i.e. serve as the primary advisor of graduate students).
Minimum Requirements:
1. (1) Ph.D. in Physical Sciences.
2. (2) Expertise in electron microprobe analysis and mineral chemistry
3. (3) Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to work with diverse group of researchers.
Preferred: Experience in earth and/or planetary materials analysis.
Experience in teaching small classes or labs

Description of our current lab and department
The UC Davis Electron microprobe lab (http://microprobe.geology.ucdavis.edu/) houses a 5 WD-spectrometer Cameca SX-100 with EDS and Peaksight software. The primary user base is UC Davis researchers in Earth Sciences, Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering, and Chemistry. Off-campus users include researchers and students from other universities, national laboratories, private research institutes, and occasional consulting companies. Most of the day-to-day users are trained by, or work with, an existing 75% time laboratory staff person.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»


Chi c’è in linea

Visitano il forum: Nessuno e 9 ospiti