database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Structural investigation of cooperite (PtS) crystals

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » lun 18 apr, 2016 16:26

Referenza:
▪ Rozhdestvina, V.I., Udovenko, A.A., Rubanov, S.V., Mudrovskaya, N.V. (2016): Structural investigation of cooperite (PtS) crystals. Crystallography Reports, 61, 193-202.

Abstract:
The single-crystal structure of cooperite, a natural platinum sulfide PtS, is studied by X-ray diffraction supported by high-resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy and X-ray spectrum microanalysis. It is found that, in addition to the main reflections corresponding to the known tetragonal cell (a = 3.47 and c = 6.11 Å; space group P42/mmc), many weak reflections with intensities I ≤ 60σ(I) are clearly observed. These reflections fit the tetragonal cell (space group I4/mmm) with doubled parameters. In structures with small (P42/mmc) and large (I4/mmm) cells, the S atoms occupy statistically two special positions. It is shown that the chemical composition of the cooperite crystals deviates from the stoichiometric composition: sulfur-deficient specimens predominate.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi