ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

IMA 2016-G = girdite discreditation

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » gio 24 nov, 2016 8:49

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Kampf, A.R., Mills, S.J., Rumsey, M.S. (2017): The discreditation of girdite. Mineralogical Magazine, 81, (in press).

Abstract:
Girdite, a mineral described by Williams in 1979 from the Grand Central mine, Tombstone, Cochise County, Arizona, USA, has been re-examined by powder X-ray diffraction, single crystal X-ray diffraction and electron microprobe. Type material from The Natural History Museum, London and the United States National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution) was examined. The original description of girdite is shown to have been based upon data obtained from at least two and possibly three different phases, one corresponding to ottoite and another probably corresponding to oboyerite, although the latter itself appears to be a mixture. The discreditation of girdite as a valid mineral species has been approved by the IMA CNMNC, Proposal 16-G.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: IMA 2016-G = girdite discreditation

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » lun 16 ott, 2017 12:24

Pubblicazione affettuata.

Referenza:
▪ Kampf, A.R., Mills, S.J., Rumsey, M.S. (2017): The discreditation of girdite. Mineralogical Magazine, 81, 1125-1128.

Abstract:
Girdite, a mineral described by Williams in 1979 from the Grand Central mine, Tombstone, Cochise County, Arizona, USA, has been re-examined by powder X-ray diffraction, single crystal X-ray diffraction and electron microprobe. Type material from The Natural History Museum, London and the United States National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution) was examined. The original description of girdite is shown to have been based upon data obtained from at least two and possibly three different phases, one corresponding to ottoite and another probably corresponding to oboyerite, although the latter itself appears to be a mixture. The discreditation of girdite as a valid mineral species has been approved by the IMA CNMNC, Proposal 16-G.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi