ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Recent progress in the study of accessory minerals

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » mer 19 lug, 2017 7:55

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Nasdala, L., Broska, I., Harlov, D.E., Macdonald, R. (2017): Recent progress in the study of accessory minerals. Mineralogy and Petrology, 111, (in press).

Abstract:
Accessory minerals are a common species in igneous and metamorphic rocks that are not considered characteristic of the host rock and hence do not affect its root name. Accessories tend to be complex in terms of their chemical and isotopic composition and their structural state. In spite of not being major rock constituents, they are, however, of enormous petrologic interest as they contain a record of the formation and post-formation history of their host rock. The study of accessory minerals hence has increased continuously during the past years, and still increases (Fig. 1). Recent progress is driven by new analytical opportunities of (in situ) micro- techniques. More and more the internal textures, that is, elemental, isotopic, and/or structural distribution patterns within individual grains, have come into the focus of researchers;
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: Recent progress in the study of accessory minerals

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » sab 19 ago, 2017 16:10

Pubblicazione effettuata.

Referenza:
▪ Nasdala, L., Broska, I., Harlov, D.E., Macdonald, R. (2017): Recent progress in the study of accessory minerals. Mineralogy and Petrology, 111, 431–433.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi