database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Chemographic exploration of the hyalotekite structure-type

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » lun 27 nov, 2017 8:35

Referenza:
▪ Hawthorne, F.C., Sokolova, E., Agakhanov, A.A., Pautov, L.A., Karpenko, V.Yu., Grew, E.S. (2018): Chemographic exploration of the hyalotekite structure-type. Mineralogical Magazine, 82, (in press).

Abstract:
We explore the possible end-member compositions within this group by conflating the properties of an end member with the stoichiometry imposed by the bond topology of the hyalotekite structure-type and the crystal-chemical properties of its known constituents. There are two high-coordination sites in the hyalotekite structure, A and B, and occupancy of each of these sites can be determined only by crystal-structure refinement. If these two sites are considered together, there are 19 end-member compositions of the triclinic structure and 6 end-member compositions of the tetragonal structure involving A,B = Ba2+, Pb2+, K+; M = Ca2+, Y3+, REE3+; T = Si4+, B3+, Be2+. There is the possibility for many other hyalotekite-group minerals, and two potential new minerals have been identified from data in the literature.

NdR: Al momento i minerali del Hyalotekite group sono i seguenti:
Hyalotekite Ba4Ca2[B2(BSi)Si8O28]F
Itsiite Ba4Ca2[B2B2Si8O28]□
Kapitsaite-(Y) Ba4(YCa)[B2B2Si8O28]F
Khvorovite Pb2+4Ca2[B2(BSi)Si8O28]F
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi