Mineralogy of Banská Hodruša at the Rozália Mine (Slovakia)

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Mineralogy of Banská Hodruša at the Rozália Mine (Slovakia)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » mer 21 mar, 2018 8:29

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Kubač, A., Chovan, M., Koděra, P., Kyle, J.R., Žitňan, P., Lexa, J., Vojtko, R. (2018): Mineralogy of the epithermal precious and base metal deposit Banská Hodruša at the Rozália Mine (Slovakia). Mineralogy and Petrology, 112, (in press).

Abstract:
The Au-Ag-Pb-Zn-Cu epithermal deposit Banská Hodruša of intermediate-sulphidation type is located in the Middle Miocene Štiavnica stratovolcano on the inner side of the Carpathian arc in Slovakia. This deposit represents an unusual subhorizontal multi-stage vein system, related to processes of underground cauldron subsidence and exhumation of a subvolcanic granodiorite pluton. Veins are developed on a low-angle normal shear zone, possibly representing a detachment zone in andesitic wall rocks that formed during emplacement and exhumation of the granodiorite pluton. The deposit consists of two parts, separated by a thick sill of quartz-diorite porphyry. The eastern part is currently mined, and the western part has already been depleted. The Banská Hodruša mineralization was formed during four stages: (1) low-grade silicified breccia at subhorizontal structures at the base of the deposit; (2) stockwork of steep veins with rhodonite-rhodochrosite, quartz-sulphide-carbonate and quartz-gold assemblages; (3) thin quartz-gold veins with medium dip in tension cracks inside the shear zone and complementary detachment hosted quartz-base metals-gold veins; (4) Post-ore veins. Gold and electrum (920–730) occur as intergrowths with base metal sulphides or hosted in quartz and carbonates, accompanied by Au-Ag tellurides (hessite, petzite). Rare Te-polybasite and Cu-cervelleite result from re-equilibration of early Te-bearing minerals during cooling. Sulphide minerals include low Fe sphalerite (~ 1.25 wt%), galena, chalcopyrite, and pyrite. The wall rock alteration is represented mostly by adularia, illite, chlorite, quartz, calcite and pyrite. Precipitation of gold, Au-Ag tellurides, Mn-bearing minerals and adularia resulted from boiling of fluids due to hydraulic fracturing, as well as opening of dilatational structures within the shear zone.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi