Mn-bearing eleonorite from Hagendorf South pegmatite: crystal structure and crystal-chemical beraunite relationships

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Mn-bearing eleonorite from Hagendorf South pegmatite: crystal structure and crystal-chemical beraunite relationships

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » mer 13 giu, 2018 9:56

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Aksenov, S.M., Chukanov, N.V., Göttlicher, J., Hochleitner, R., Zarubina, E.S., Rastsvetaeva, R.K. (2018): Mn-bearing eleonorite from Hagendorf South pegmatite, Germany: crystal structure and crystal-chemical relationships with other beraunite-type phosphates. Zeitschrift für Kristallographie - Crystalline Materials, 233, (in press).

Abstract:
Mn2+-bearing eleonorite from the Hagendorf South pegmatite situated south of Waidhaus, Upper Palatinate, Bavaria, Germany was study based on single crystal X-ray analysis, Mn and Fe K-edge XANES spectroscopy, as well as IR spectroscopy. According to spectroscopic data, all Mn is bivalent, and all Fe is trivalent. The empirical formula of the mineral is (Mn2+0.58Zn0.13Mg0.04 Fe3+5.24)Σ5.98(PO4)4(H2O,OH,O)11. The monoclinic unit-cell parameters are: a=20.832(3) Å, b=5.1569(3) Å, c=19.200(2) Å, β=93.01(1)°; space group C2/c. The structure was refined to R1=5.20% in anisotropic approximation using 1994 reflections with I>3σ(I). Despite in most beraunite-group minerals M1-site demonstrates selective accumulation of bivalent cations, in Mn-bearing eleonorite Mn2+-cations are disordered between octahedral sites without statistical predominance anywhere; all octahedral M(1–4)-sites are predominantly occupied by Fe3+. M1-site is half-occupied by Fe3+ and contains subordinate Mn2+ and minor Zn2+ and Mg2+. Based on the new data we suppose that Mn-bearing eleonorite was formed as a secondary phase as a result of oxidation of a primary Mn-bearing beraunite-group mineral in with Mn2+ was initially distributed between different M sites.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: Mn-bearing eleonorite from Hagendorf South pegmatite: crystal structure and crystal-chemical beraunite relationships

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » sab 15 set, 2018 11:40

Pubblicazione effettuata.

Referenza:
▪ Aksenov, S.M., Chukanov, N.V., Göttlicher, J., Hochleitner, R., Zarubina, E.S., Rastsvetaeva, R.K. (2018): Mn-bearing eleonorite from Hagendorf South pegmatite, Germany: crystal structure and crystal-chemical relationships with other beraunite-type phosphates. Zeitschrift für Kristallographie - Crystalline Materials, 233, 469–477.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi