Characterization of fibrous "ferrierite" in the rhyolitic tuffs at Lovelock, Nevada (USA)

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Characterization of fibrous "ferrierite" in the rhyolitic tuffs at Lovelock, Nevada (USA)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » mar 23 apr, 2019 21:07

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Zoboli, A., Di Giuseppe, D., Baraldi, C., Gamberini, M.C., Malferrari, D., Urso, G., Lassinantti Gualtieri, M., Bailey, M., Gualtieri, A.F. (2019): Characterization of fibrous ferrierite in the rhyolitic tuffs at Lovelock, Nevada (U.S.A). Mineralogical Magazine, 83, (in press).

Abstract:
Ferrierite is a zeolite family which includes three species with the same FER crystal structure but different extra-framework cations. Recent studies have shown that ferrierite can exhibit a fibrous-asbestiform crystal habit and may possess the same properties of carcinogenic fibrous erionite. Characterization of the ferrierite in and around the mine location will be helpful in assessing the potential for toxic outcomes of exposure in the mine and any local population.
The zeolite-rich tuff deposit of Lovelock, Nevada (U.S.A.) is the largest occurrence of diagenetic ferrierite-Mg. Previous survey reported that ferrierite hosted in these rocks displays a fibrous morphology. However, these observations concerned a limited number of samples and until now there is little evidence of widespread occurrence of fibrous ferrierite in the Lovelock deposit.
The main goal of this study was to perform a mineralogical and morphometric characterization of the tuff deposit at Lovelock and evaluate the distribution in the outcrop of fibrous ferrierite. For this purpose, a multi-analytical approach including X-ray powder diffraction, scanning and transmission microscopies, micro-Raman spectroscopy, thermal analyses, and surface area determination was applied.

Ndr: meglio "ferrierite" in questi casi.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: Characterization of fibrous "ferrierite" in the rhyolitic tuffs at Lovelock, Nevada (USA)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » lun 02 set, 2019 14:55

Pubblicazione effettuata.

Referenza:
▪ Zoboli, A., Di Giuseppe, D., Baraldi, C., Gamberini, M.C., Malferrari, D., Urso, G., Lassinantti Gualtieri, M., Bailey, M., Gualtieri, A.F. (2019): Characterization of fibrous ferrierite in the rhyolitic tuffs at Lovelock, Nevada (U.S.A). Mineralogical Magazine, 83, 577-586.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi