ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Green mawbyite from the Lagoa mine, northern Portugal

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » sab 10 ago, 2019 9:36

Prossima pubblicazione.

Referenza:
▪ Alves, P., Mumme, W.G., Grey, I.E., MacRae, C.M., Gable, R.W. (2019): Green mawbyite, PbFe3+Fe2+0.4Zn0.6(AsO4)2OH(H2O), from the Lagoa mine, northern Portugal. Neues Jahrbuch für Mineralogie - Abhandlungen, 196, (in press).

Abstract:
An occurrence of an unusual, green-coloured mawbyite was found coating arsenopyrite in a specimen from the Lagoa mine, Northern Portugal. Electron microprobe analyses combined with a single-crystal structure refinement gives the formula as PbFe3+Fe2+0.4Zn0.6(AsO4)2OH(H2O). The change of color from the usual bright red or orange color of mawbyite is attributed to the high concentration of divalent cations, Fe2+ and Zn, in the metal atom site.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: Green mawbyite from the Lagoa mine, northern Portugal

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » ven 01 nov, 2019 10:41

Pubblicazione effettuata.

Referenza:
▪ Alves, P., Mumme, W.G., Grey, I.E., MacRae, C.M., Gable, R.W. (2019): Green mawbyite, PbFe3+Fe2+0.4Zn0.6(AsO4)2OH(H2O), from the Lagoa mine, northern Portugal. Neues Jahrbuch für Mineralogie - Abhandlungen, 196,. 129-133.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi