Libro "Italian Type Minerals"

discussioni circa il forum e circa i minerali in genere

Re: Prenotazioni libro "Italian Type Minerals"

Messaggio #106 da Massimo Russo il gio 04 giu, 2009 19:24

EspoFa ha scritto:
Massimo Russo ha scritto:
silvioB ha scritto:... a quando la classica partitella scapoli-ammogliati :lol: :lol: :lol: ? Massimo

:evil: :evil: :evil: E i divorziati mai considerati eh!!!!!!!! Fabio

scapoli/divorziati - ammogliati :D :D :D

Massimo
---------------------------------------
Massimo Russo
INGV - Osservatorio Vesuviano

"Un minerale senza nome è solo un inutile pezzo di pietra" (Massimo Russo)
Massimo Russo

Messaggio #107 da EspoFa il gio 04 giu, 2009 19:37

"scapoli/divorziati - ammogliati :D :D :D

Massimo"

Così va meglio.........e vai che si vince!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
EspoFa

Messaggio #108 da domenico il gio 04 giu, 2009 22:38

Auguroni Silvio siete una bella coppppppiaaa!!!
La collezione dei minerali è un divertimento se qualcuno non ci crede può collezionare le farfalle
Domenico Preite Marzo 2008

http://www.mindat.org/user-6983.html#2
domenico

Messaggio #109 da Luciano Vaccari il ven 05 giu, 2009 8:10

Non è il topic giusto, ma finchè non ufficializzi la cosa...tanti auguroni Silvio :)
Ognuno di noi è una persona irripetibile a cui Dio si è donato in modo originale""

Luciano
Socio AMI zona Modena
(Formigine)
Luciano Vaccari

Messaggio #110 da Marco E. Ciriotti il ven 05 giu, 2009 10:34

Il commento di Keith Compton, Australia.

""Hi

I have just received my copy of Italian Type Minerals by Marco Ciriotti, Lorenza Fascio and Marco Pasero.

What can I say? It’s a great book that is much more than I expected.

This book deals with the many valid minerals (over 260) first discovered in Italy and also includes some named after Italian individuals and institutions.

This book has already introduced me to many minerals that I had not heard of or know about.

Photographs accompany nearly all the minerals and these are most informative. Readers should not expect a “picture book”. Rather this is a quality information source. To me it appears very well researched and provides copious references to source materials and papers written by both original discoverers and researchers.

The text follows a similar pattern throughout with one page devoted to each mineral. The information includes: the type locality, name, formula, mineral status, appearance, geological occurrence and comments about associated minerals at the type locality, a reference list detailing the original paper with the first description of each mineral, and with one or more photographs, either of the mineral and or locality or both. There are numerous photographs of the discoverers which add an interesting historical perspective.

In a few cases, there are no photographs of the mineral which is little disappointing such as Manganiandrosite–(Ce) and Manganolangbeinite. Not necessarily disappointing from the book’s perspective but I still don’t know what they look like as there are also no photographs in Mindat!

There is a useful table at the back setting out the minerals in the book according to the Strunz Mineralogical Tables and a listing of the minerals represented in the book in order of discovery. It is amazing how many have been discovered in recent years.

The book is in large format soft cover (approximately 29cm × 21cm) and printed on what appears to be an archival type paper so it should have a good shelf life (but is not in hardcover that I am aware of).

My only criticisms may be that there are no references throughout for each mineral to other encyclopaedic mineral texts such as the Handbook of Mineralogy by JW Bideaux et al., but then I can always go to that text or some other for that information anyway. My other criticism, as mentioned above, is the fact that a few minerals are without photographs. But these criticisms are small. Whether there are any technical errors, I am not one to comment and I will leave that to others, but from what I have read, if there are any, I don’t think they will be of any consequence.

This is a solid reference and a great source of information on a wide variety of many unusual minerals. It is not just a book about Italian minerals.

I would recommend this to any serious collector.

Well done to Marco, Lorenza and Marco. ""
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»
Marco E. Ciriotti

Messaggio #111 da Nicolas il ven 05 giu, 2009 18:47

Ho ricevuto oggi il libro. Che dire, veramente bello e ben fatto. Un grazie a tutti gli autori per il lavoro svolto!
Nicolas

Messaggio #112 da silvioB il mar 09 giu, 2009 21:07

Splendido libro!
Veramente un ottimo lavoro!
Sono rimasto un po' sorpreso dall'esigua grammatura delle pagine: tecnicamente ha quasi lo stesso numero di pagine del libro sui minerali della provincia di Lucca ma in libreria occupa un terzo di spazio in meno...
Non "mastico" bene la lingua inglese, ma con un piccolo sforzo riesco a capire le cose più importanti e ad ogni nodo ho sempre un buon vocabolario.
Mi ha colpito una foto della olmiite, e son certo di averla fotografata in occasione della mostra bolognese del 2007 (stesso campione, quello rosa), in una vetrina (se ricordo bene tra quelle di Prato), ma era venduta per poldervaartite ad un prezzo "stratosferico".
Ancora i miei più sinceri complimenti agli autori, e un particolare grazie per la dedica a Marco (e pure per il numero del notiziario del Gr. Romano che mi ha tenuto da parte).
Silvio Bianco
- nulla è impossibile -
silvioB

Messaggio #113 da Marco E. Ciriotti il mar 09 giu, 2009 21:40

Mi ha colpito una foto della olmiite, e son certo di averla fotografata in occasione della mostra bolognese del 2007 (stesso campione, quello rosa), in una vetrina (se ricordo bene tra quelle di Prato), ma era venduta per poldervaartite ad un prezzo "stratosferico"

Come precisato nel libro ("A fair amount of “poldervaartite” reached the market in the recent years, but most samples turned out to be olmiite. Genuine poldervaartite specimens, thus, must be regarded as extremely rare and seem to be limited to the original finding in the 1980s at the Wessels mine, Cape Province, Republic of South Africa") la maggior parte di materiale messo sul mercato negli ultimi anni con l'etichetta "poldervaartite" è infatti olmiite. La poldervaartite vera è pressochè limitata al solo ritrovamento originale degli anni 1980 avvenuto alla Wessels mine.

La grammatura delle pagine, a mio parere, è troppo esigua...

Grazie Silvio.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»
Marco E. Ciriotti

Messaggio #114 da Marco E. Ciriotti il mer 10 giu, 2009 9:53

Posto qui di seguito alcuni apprezzamenti relativi al volume "Italian Type Minerals".

""My dear Marco:

Your magnificent book arrived in the post yesterday. Words are inadequate to describe the exquisite combination of science and art that comprise this book. It will give me many happy hours. Of course there will be work to bring so much new material into my database - but it will be a pleasure!

Many thanks for your kindness.

Ernie Nickel""

""Dear Marco,

Thank you for sending me the Science paper on natural quasi-crystals. My memory says me (but not exactly enough) that there has been a paper somewhere explaining the five-fold symmetry in such compounds. I suppose it is mentioned in the references of the Science paper.

I have meanwhile had the time to read more properly your book on Italian type minerals. I discovered the wealth of interesting and often surprising information in the section with remarks. It was a real pleasure to leaf through that book!
Ernst Burke""

""I am very pleased with the wonderful book Italian Type Minerals which arrived this day at Yale.
A splendid effort on all your parts and it is certainly the best mineralogy book I have seen in years! Congratulations on this handsome production with all the photos.
I have your e-mail from an article published in Sept. 2003 with Giovanni Ferraris of Torino University so I can only hope this message will reach you with my sincere thanks for sending a signed copy of this beautiful presentation.
I will copy him as well as no e-mail addresses were in the volume itself although it is obviously published thrpugh the University of Pisa.
Please let me hear whether this e-mail arrives.
Many many thanks,
Catherine Skinner""

""Dear Marco,

I have well received your book on Italian minerals. Congratulations, this book is really a beautiful piece of work! The pictures are of very good quality, and the historical descriptions are very interesting. I am glad to insert this book in my private library…
A few years ago (2002), we published a book on minerals from Belgium (in French). Do you have a copy of this book? If not, I will send you a copy soon.
Thank you again, and best wishes from Liège!

Frédéric Hatert""

E molti molti altri...
Marco E. Ciriotti

Marco E. Ciriotti

Messaggio #115 da Luciano Vaccari il mer 10 giu, 2009 10:24

E molti molti altri...

Tutti sinceri quanto meritatissimi...

Chissà, forse un giorno ti renderai veramente conto di quello che tu e i tuoi colleghi di lavoro avete realizzato...
Ognuno di noi è una persona irripetibile a cui Dio si è donato in modo originale""

Luciano
Socio AMI zona Modena
(Formigine)
Luciano Vaccari

Messaggio #116 da Daniele il mer 10 giu, 2009 21:02

Ti ho ringraziato di persona alla mostra di Lanzo ma dopo aver avuto per più tempo tra le mani il libro ribadisco qui pubblicamente i miei complimenti a te e agli altri autori.
Una grande fatica premiata da un eccellente risultato!
Daniele

Messaggio #117 da Roberto Bracco il gio 11 giu, 2009 8:08

Marco E. Ciriotti ha scritto:magnificent book
Ernie Nickel

It was a real pleasure to leaf through that book!
Ernst Burke

wonderful book Italian Type Minerals
Catherine Skinner

Congratulations, this book is really a beautiful piece of work!
Frédéric Hatert

Ehi, allora è proprio venuto bene... quasi quasi mi prenoto anch'io la mia copia... :D :D :D
Roberto Bracco - AMI Liguria

E' più facile spezzare un atomo che un pregiudizio.
- Albert Einstein
Roberto Bracco

Messaggio #118 da Marcoleon84 il sab 13 giu, 2009 0:35

..prenoto anche io una copia!
ciao a tutti!
Marco
Marcoleon84

Messaggio #119 da Marco E. Ciriotti il sab 13 giu, 2009 8:41

... Prenoto anche io una copia!
ciao a tutti!

Per Roberto la copia è già stata predisposta e appena ci vediamo la potrai ritirare.

Per Marcoleon84: ti conviene, considerato che l'inoltro dovrà essere fatto tramite il servizio postale (se ho ben inteso), provvedere con il bonifico dell'importo totale di Euro 51,30 (40 + 2,20 + 9,10). Nella causale scrivi n. 1 ITM e il tuo indirizzo completo.
Ad avvenuto accredito del bonifico, io provvedo al pagamento.

Quanto sopra vale anche per tutti coloro che hanno prenotato e che desiderando ricevere il libro via posta, non lo hanno ancora pagato.
Marco E. Ciriotti

Marco E. Ciriotti

Messaggio #120 da Marco E. Ciriotti il sab 13 giu, 2009 8:42

Pagarlo è facile (35 Euro per i soci AMI; 40 Euro per i non soci AMI):

C/C postale: 93325421

intestato a AMI Associazione Micromineralogica Italiana.

Si ricorda che nella causale occorre precisare:
a) nome cognome, indirizzo completo, recapito telefonico e/o recapito e-mail di chi effettua il versamento;
b) l'indicazione di cosa vuole pagare (per esempio: "n. 1 ITM").

Per coloro che intendono effettuare il pagamento mediante il sistema bancario le coordinate del conto AMI presso le Poste Italiane sono le seguenti:

IBAN: IT-24-E-07601-01000-000093325421

Codice BIC/Swift: BPPIITRRXXX

CIN: E
ABI: 07601
CAB: 01000
C/C: 000093325421

L'ammontare aggiuntivo per imballo (€ 2,20) e inoltro (9,10) via posta è di Euro 11,30.
Marco E. Ciriotti

Marco E. Ciriotti

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a Generale