Mineralogy of the Majerská Valley near Čučma (Slovak Republic)

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Mineralogy of the Majerská Valley near Čučma (Slovak Republic)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » lun 14 giu, 2021 9:46

Referenza:
▪ Ferenc, Š., Števko, M., Mikuš, T., Milovská, S., Kopáčik, R., Hoppanová, E. (2021): Primary Minerals and Age of The Hydrothermal Quartz Veins Containing U-Mo-(Pb, Bi, Te) Mineralization in the Majerská Valley near Čučma (Gemeric Unit, Spišsko-Gemerské Rudohorie Mts., Slovak Republic). Minerals, 11, 629.

Abstract:
An occurrence of vein U-Mo mineralization is located in the Majerská valley near Čučma, about 7 km to the NNE of the district town of Rožňava (Eastern Slovakia). Mineralization is hosted in the acidic metapyroclastics of the Silurian Bystrý Potok Fm. (Gemeric Unit), and originated in the following stages: (I.) quartz I, fluorapatite I; (II.) quartz II, fluorapatite II, zircon, rutile chlorite, tourmaline; (III.) uraninite, molybdenite, U-Ti oxides; (IV.) pyrite I, ullmannite, gersdorffite, cobaltite; (Va.) galena, bismuth, tetradymite, joséite A and B, Bi3(TeS)2 mineral phase, (BiPb)(TeS) mineral phase, ikunolite; (Vb.) minerals of the kobellite–tintinaite series, cosalite; (VI.) pyrite II; (VII.) titanite, chlorite; and (VIII.) supergene mineral phases. The chemical in-situ electron-microprobe U-Pb dating of uraninite from a studied vein yielded an average age of around 265 Ma, corresponding to the Guadalupian Epoch of Permian; the obtained data corresponds with the age of Gemeric S-type granites. The age correlation of uraninite with the Gemeric S-type granites and the spatial connection of the studied mineralization with the Čučma granite allows us to assume that it is a Hercynian, granite-related (perigranitic) mineralization.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi