Archean zircons with omphacite inclusions from eclogites of the Belomorian, Fennoscandian Shield: The first finding

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Archean zircons with omphacite inclusions from eclogites of the Belomorian, Fennoscandian Shield: The first finding

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » ven 24 set, 2021 9:26

Referenza:
▪ Volodichev, O.I., Maksimov, O.A., Kuzenko, T.I., Slabunov, A.I. (2021): Archean Zircons with Omphacite Inclusions from Eclogites of the Belomorian Province, Fennoscandian Shield: The First Finding. Minerals, 11, 1029.

Abstract:
Early Precambrian retrogressed eclogites are abundant in the central and northern parts of the Belomorian Province of the Fennoscandian Shield (Gridino + Keret and Salma + Kuru-Vaara study areas, respectively). Older and younger eclogites are recognized and their Archean and Paleoproterozoic ages are argued. Archean eclogites are intensely retrogressed and occur in amphibolite boudins in the tonalite-trondhjemite-granodiorite (TTG) gneiss matrix of the Archean Gridino eclogite-bearing mélange. Less retrogressed Paleoproterozoic eclogites form patches in mafic dikes and some amphibolite boudins; their Paleoproterozoic age is supported by U-Pb/SIMS data on zircons depleted in heavy rare earth elements (REE) with omphacite, garnet, and kyanite inclusions, and Sm-Nd and Lu-Hf mineral isochrons. Archean eclogites contain Archean heavy rare-earth elements (REE)-depleted zircons with garnet and zoisite inclusions and Archean garnets. No omphacite inclusions were found in these zircons, and this fact was considered as evidence against the existence of Archean eclogites. This study reports on the first finding of omphacite (23–25% Jd) inclusions in 2.68 Ga metamorphic zircons from eclogites from the Gridino eclogite-bearing mélange. The zircons are poorly enriched in heavy REE and display a weak negative Eu-anomaly but a poor positive Ce-anomaly typical of eclogitic zircons. Thus, zircons with these decisive features provide evidence for an Archean eclogite-facies metamorphism
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi