Crystal chemical features of cation ordered potassium-analogue of aqualite from the Kovdor Massif (Kola Peninsula)

database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Crystal chemical features of cation ordered potassium-analogue of aqualite from the Kovdor Massif (Kola Peninsula)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » mer 14 set, 2022 10:09

Referenza:
▪ Rastsvetaeva, R,K., Chukanov, N.V., Pekov, I.V., Vigasina, M.F. (2022): Crystal chemical features of cation-ordered potassium-analogue of aqualite from the Kovdor Massif (Kola Peninsula). Zapiski RMO, 151(4), 87-101.

Abstract:
The chemical composition, crystal structure and characteristics of the Raman spectrum of a highly hydrated aqualite-like mineral of the eudialyte group from the Kovdor massif (Kola peninsula, Russia), in which K+ and H3O+ are the species-defining extra-framework cations, are studied. The simplified formula of the mineral is (H3O)8Na5K2Zr3Ca6[Si24O69(OH)3][Si2]Mn(OH)2Cl·2H2O. It is characterized by the space group R3 and unit cell parameters а = 14.184(1), с = 30.797(1) Å, V = 5366.27(1) Å3. A specific feature of this mineral, which distinguishes it from all other representatives of the eudialyte group, is a high degree of order in the distribution of large extra-framework cations (Na+, K+, Sr2+, Ba2+, Ln3+ and H3O+) over split sites of the crystal structure. In the studied mineral, some of hydronium ions form complexes with water molecules with extremely strong hydrogen bonds, similar to those that are realized in proton hydrate complexes such as Zundel and Eigen cations.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Re: Crystal chemical features of cation ordered potassium-analogue of aqualite from the Kovdor Massif (Kola Peninsula)

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » sab 10 feb, 2024 17:11

Referenza:
▪ Rastsvetaeva, R,K., Chukanov, N.V., Pekov, I.V., Vigasina, M.F. (2023): Crystal chemical features of cation-ordered potassium-analogue of aqualite from the Kovdor Massif (Kola Peninsula). Geology of Ore Deposits, 65, 754–764.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

Rispondi