database, nuove specie, discrediti,
ridefinizioni, classificazioni, ecc.
Rispondi
Marco E. Ciriotti
Contatta:

Epitaxy: a methodological approach to the study of an old phenomeno

Messaggio da Marco E. Ciriotti » gio 24 nov, 2022 18:06

Referenza:
▪ Bruno, M., Pastero, L., Cotellucci, A., Aquilano, D. (2022): Epitaxy: a methodological approach to the study of an old phenomenon. CrystEngComm, 24, 4165-4173.

Abstract:
Epitaxial growth is a long-standing crystallization phenomenon of great technological interest. Here we present the use of a new methodology approach making full use of the concept of adhesion energy between two different crystal phases, A and B. This is achieved by using (i) the traditional crystal-chemical fit between A and B; (ii) the extensive use of Bollmann’s approach to the 2D-lattice coincidences; (iii) the most accurate methods of calculation of the specific adhesion energy of A/B. We illustrate the approach with two case studies: (i) how epi-layers of inorganic and monoclinic Li2CO3 (zabuyelite) can modify the crystal habit of the CaCO3 polymorphs, calcite (rhombohedral), and aragonite (orthorhombic); (ii) how a complex organic substance like sericin (silk fibroin like protein-SFLP) could stabilize aragonite and calcite, the most diffuse CaCO3 polymorphs, simply reproducing and mimicking in the laboratory what nature does.
Marco E. Ciriotti

«Things are interesting only in so far as they relate themselves to other things»

franco

Re: Epitaxy: a methodological approach to the study of an old phenomeno

Messaggio da franco » gio 24 nov, 2022 19:30

Mi intriga: potrò averne una copia? Grazie.

Rispondi